Post 3: Spring is in the Air
After the official season change (March 20th, for those who didn't know) Spring Break is now upon us here at Tulane - Jacob is currently living it up in my hometown (Memphis, for those who don't know) preparing to watch some fantastic basketball. To say I'm jealous is an understatement - and things are happening with PB With J's.
We've recorded our second episode (editing underway) and are using the bit of extra time to prep for a large string of recordings when we get back. Once we have a bit of a stash, we'll start officially releasing to iTunes. So, after a lot of work and time, be on the lookout in the coming weeks!
Or just go listen to the raw audio Episode 1 on repeat if you get bored waiting...
But! Since that's still a few weeks away and Mail Chimp has yet to inform us what service policy we violated (it's officially been ten weeks...starting to lose a bit of hope), we wanted to use the blog space as a Psuedo-Newsletter and give a top five of Neuro Articles we've read over the last few weeks. There's some pretty neat stuff going on, and this site does a pretty good job of packaging it. Here's some of our favorites from the week:
- We're basically all superheroes - Our Power? Serotonin.
- Closer and closer to straight up Growing a Brain...
- On the topic of "brain growing," Computation Analyses (so we could venture into some Sci-Fi A.I. Applicaitons here) is always developing.
- Some pertinent political crossover with the exploration of Intellectual Humility.
- And finally, the brain is always surprising us. This time, it's Pleasure Circuity.
Hope it's a fun ride through a bit of the exciting neuroscientific world - always amazing stuff out there to discover.
~The Guys from PB With J's